Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. Anyway, unlike the aforementioned bread bowl, this sausage and rice stuffed acorn squash recipe is an example of an edible vessel that begs for a detailed The stuffing is very easy, as is the cooking method, but the acorn squash prep does need to be done carefully and with precision. Smoked sausage really has the perfect smoky flavor and I'm weird but I love that some of them have a natural casing on it. The smokiness and the sweet bite from the bell peppers make this smoked sausage and peppers with rice dish a perfect weeknight meal when you've got other things to worry.
Stuff cavities of squash with filling and mound on top to use all filling. The Best Smoked Sausage Rice Recipes on Yummly Learn how to make a Sausage & RIce Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe! You can cook Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of smoked sausage, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a large onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of small/medium yellow squash, diced.
- It’s 1/2 (1 head) of chopped cabbage.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of Good pinch crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 6 of green onions including green part, chopped.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- It’s 3 cups of water or broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- You need Pinch of salt.
I hope you enjoy this Sausage & RIce Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe! Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and onion is tender; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix the cooked squash, cheese Drain pasta; transfer to a serving plate. Spoon squash mixture over pasta; top with sausage mixture.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl step by step
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover..
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions..
If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and parsley. An extensive list of recipes using smoked sausage, including images, a list of ingredients, and step by step Add garlic and smoked sausage and cook until sausage is browned. In a large bowl, add the sausage, potatoes, onions and green beans. Smoked sausage adds tons of flavor to this hearty Southern stew. Tender chicken, rice, and sausage are cooked in flavorful chicken Use smoked sausage links or sliced Polish sausage in this crock pot potato dish.