Brinjal Raw banana gravy.
You can cook Brinjal Raw banana gravy using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brinjal Raw banana gravy
- It’s of Brinjal/Eggplant 4 medium sized.
- It’s 1 of big Raw banana.
- Prepare of tamarind 3 inch piece.
- Prepare of salt 1 heaped teaspoon.
- It’s of Karamani / Yardlong bean seeds 2 heaped teaspoon.
- It’s of turmeric powder a small pinch.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of urad dal.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Channa dal.
- You need 4-5 of dry red chilies.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Asafoetida.
- It’s 4 teaspoon of oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mustard.
- It’s of curry leaves 1 spring.
- Prepare of coriander leaves 1 spring.
- You need teaspoon of methi seeds -1/4.
Brinjal Raw banana gravy instructions
- Soak the beans for 2-3 hours. You can even soak it overnight if you want to make in morning but 2-3 hours is sufficient..
- Soak tamarind in hot water. Pressure cook the soaked beans. Chop Brinjal and Raw banana into medium sized cubes..
- In pan add 1 spoon oil and roast red chilies, 1 spoon urad dal, 1 spoon Channa dal, methi seeds, few curry leaves and a generous pinch of asafoetida..
- Once the dals turn golden brown switch off flame, cool down the mixture and grind it to a coarse powder..
- Boil the chopped vegetables along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and water just enough to immerse them..
- Once vegetables are cooked add the tamarind juice..
- Add the cooked beans and powder along with remaining salt..
- Simmer the flame and mix everything well. Boil for few minutes till the gravy thickens as shown..
- Temper with oil, urad dal, Channa dal, curry leaves and asafoetida. Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Serve with roti or steamed rice topped with little ghee..