Sweet Savoury Pasta Meat Sauce Kid-Friendly (Bolognese).
You can cook Sweet Savoury Pasta Meat Sauce Kid-Friendly (Bolognese) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Savoury Pasta Meat Sauce Kid-Friendly (Bolognese)
- You need 1/2-3/4 of kilo ground beef.
- You need 2-3 of slabs thick-cut bacon, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, minced.
- It’s 1/2 of garlic head, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 of hefty pinches of dried mixed herbs.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4-6 of fresh tomatoes, quartered.
- You need 200 g of Tomato Sauce pack.
- Prepare 500 g of Sweet Spaghetti Sauce with Parmesan Cheese pack.
- It’s 250 g of Filipino Style spaghetti sauce pack.
- Prepare 3-4 drops of oyster sauce or soy seasoning (knorr/maggi).
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper or capsicum, diced (optional adults version).
- Prepare 4 pcs of bird's eye chillies, minced (optional adults version).
- Prepare To taste of black pepper.
- It’s To taste of rock salt.
- You need 500 g of pasta or spaghetti pack.
Sweet Savoury Pasta Meat Sauce Kid-Friendly (Bolognese) step by step
- In a large sauce pan, heat the butter and oil together then drop in your onions then your garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent. Drop in your diced or minced bell pepper. Continue sautéing..
- Bacon! Who doesn't love bacon? This will also make your sauce tastier..
- Coarsely chop and add to the pan. Lower the heat. Sauté continuously and avoid burning anything. When bacon oil has oozed out do the next step. (Yum!).
- Add your thawed ground beef after a few minutes. Stir in with the onion-garlic-bacon then spread flat on the pan to cook evenly. Season with salt, pepper, soy seasoning and your dried herbs. Leave alone, cover and let the juices and oils of the beef come out..
- Stir thoroughly then drop in your tomatoes. Keep heat in low-medium. Cover and let the juices of the tomatoes come out..
- Taste and adjust the salt, pepper. Then add the tomato sauce and sweet spaghetti sauce. I normally choose one with mixed in cheese/es. If you don't have these, choose your cheese (cheddar, parmesan, quick melt type) and grate a good amount over the pot. Don't forget to taste test before adding more..
- Mix well then cover and let it simmer on low heat, stirring every now and then to keep the bottom from burning. Simmer until the tomatoes have lost their shape/melted a bit with the sauce. (In the photo you can still see the tomatoes, this is not ready yet). Add more sauce pack if you want it saucier..
- For the spicy adult version, add the chilies now. You can also use the powder kind or chili flakes. Stir, simmer 5 more minutes. Always taste before adding more. Serve..
- Top over your favorite pasta..