Baked chicken egg rolls. Baked Chicken Egg Rolls. "Chinese take-out can be high in sodium, fat and calories, so these crispy appetizers are a nice alternative. Whenever my husband craves a take-out egg roll, I make these instead," shares Barbra Annino of Galena, Illinois. These baked chicken egg rolls are so easy to make!
Layer the eggroll wrappers with thin slices of carrots, red peppers and green onions and top with the chicken tossed in the homemade Thai Peanut Sauce. Wrap them up using water to seal the edges and give. These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, filled with shredded boneless chicken breast, carrots, scallions, hot sauce and blue cheese make the perfect appetizer! You can have Baked chicken egg rolls using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken egg rolls
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1 cups of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 cups of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts/ chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 12 of egg rolls.
- Prepare 2 tbs of green onions / sliced.
- You need 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
Bake them in the oven or air fryer! Please enjoy this easy and flavorful recipe for cooking shrimp egg rolls in the oven. It is a fantastic alternative to the traditional fried egg roll. Learn how to prepare this easy Baked Chicken Egg Rolls recipe like a pro.
Baked chicken egg rolls instructions
- Prepare veggies. Carrots, ginger, cabbage, chestnuts green onions, prepare chicken, wash and cut them, in very hot wok add 1/2 spoon oil add chicken cook very quickly set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over m. Heat. Add cabbage, sprouts, carrots, chestnuts and ginger, cook stirring frequently for 5 mins. Add oil if necessary. Until they are wilt but still crispy. Mix corn starch with water and mix thoroughly. Add starch mixture with sauce and green onions to the pan. Add cooked chicken chicken, Cook extra 2 minutes. Until sauce thickens.
- After sauce cooled to handle, place two tbsp. Mixture on the center of the egg roll wrap..
- Fold the bottom up over the filling, next fold the two sides over..
- Roll it, prepare the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the roiled up egg rolls on a baking sheet. After spray the top of each egg roll with cooking spray. Cook 8/10 minutes.
- Until they are golden brown..
- Serve them with your favorite sauce..
Egg rolls are usually deep fried, which really increases the calorie and fat counts. Be sure to use spring roll wrappers, which are thinner than egg roll wrappers; they will be crisp even though baked. Now, it's time to prep all the veggies and chicken. This is a great way to use up your left over chicken, just dice it up nice and small (you could also substitute left over turkey or pork). Egg rolls are really simple to make and you can stuff them with anything you choose!