Chorizo Garbage Plate. Chorizo Garbage Plate recipe: Try this Chorizo Garbage Plate recipe, or contribute your own. Add the vegetable oil, potatoes, diced onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, if using, and chorizo. chorizo. The garbage plate has multiple parts, all of it usually contained inside a styrofoam, or hopefully If you want to make a Mexican-style garbage plate with chorizo, refried beans, or some guacamole, do it.
See more ideas about Garbage plate, Garbage, Meat sauce recipes. My husband swears by the tastiness, but I can't get over the visual. The Garbage Plate is a famous regional dish from Rochester, NY that combines several foods on one plate. You can have Chorizo Garbage Plate using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Garbage Plate
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetate oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of prepared hash browns or shredded cooked potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of diced onions.
- Prepare 1/2 of diced green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seeded, diced jalapeno.
- It’s 1 cup of diced,or ground chorizo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced tomato.
- You need 5 large of eggs,slightly beaten with salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of tortillas, for serving..
How to Put Together a Garbage Plate. Make this famous Rochester, NY, dish at home. This Garbage Plate recipe is a homemade version of the Garbage Plate that you'll find in Rochester, NY. Complete with meat hot sauce, fries, mac salad and cheeseburgers or hot dogs this is as easy.
Chorizo Garbage Plate instructions
- preheat flat griddle or large non stick skillet over Med/hi heat..
- add oil,3 heaping handfuls of potatoes to pan or skillet, top with onions, green pepper, jalapeno. and chorizo, mix together slightly, cook until potatoes are brown slightly, about 4 minutes. then flip mixand cook to brown on other side ,about Another 4 minutes..
- add tomato & eggs,mix eggs into potatoes and cook. flip once, until eggs set, another 2-3 minutes..
- add cheese and cook until slightly melted, mix hash together to distribute cheese and tomato throughout, serve with tortillas..
I haven't had a garbage plate yet but I love this sauce smothered on eggs and Zweigle white hots (another Rochester delicacy) or any hot dog. Nick Tahou Hots is a Rochester, New York restaurant featuring a dish called the Garbage Plate. JP & Ken Domik review the official Garbage Plate from the original Nick Tahou's in Rochester, NY. Garbage Plate© is a trademark of Nick Tahou Hots. Rochester, New York, is known for this unusual The Garbage Plate was created at Nick Tahou Hots' fast-food restaurant more than fifty years ago.