Chicken and Farfalle Pasta in a Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce.
You can cook Chicken and Farfalle Pasta in a Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Farfalle Pasta in a Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 3 large of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of herbs de provence.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Roasted Garlic.
- Prepare 2 head of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need of Pasta and Sauce.
- Prepare 4 oz of pancetta, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of frozen peas.
Chicken and Farfalle Pasta in a Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Peel away the outer layers of the heads of garlic, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Cut off 1/2" of the top of the cloves. Place the heads of garlic in a muffin pan, drizzle olive oil over the cut tops of the garlic. Use your fingers to make sure the heads are well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it. Use a small knife to loosen the skin around each clove and then squeeze from the bottom end and release the garlic from their cloves. Use a knife to mash or mince the garlic. Set aside..
- Lower the oven temperature to 375°F. Trim fat from the chicken breasts and pat dry. Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, herbs de provence and garlic powder. Place in a baking dish and roast chicken for 30 minutes or until just cooked throuh. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. Cut the chicken in to bite size pieces and set aside..
- While the chicken is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the chopped pancetta and cook until crispy. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease. Set aside..
- In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and saute on medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then add the chopped onions and saute over medium heat until they are carmelized, as are the mushrooms..
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan by adding the wine, using a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to release the brown bits (extra flavor). Bring wine to a simmer and cook until it has reduced by half..
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the water, then add the farfalle pasta. Cook until al dente, using the package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid..
- Add the heavy cream to the pan, bring to a simmer. Now add the roasted garlic and whisk well to incorporate. Add the cubed chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened..
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and stir constantly to incorporate well. Use pasta water to thin the sauce if it gets too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add the drained pasta to the sauce, along with the frozen peas and chopped parsley. Stir to warm the peas and add 1/2 the pancetta and toss pasta again..
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining pancetta and a little parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!.
- I know roasting your own garlic seems like a lot of work, but once you taste it, you'll understand why it's so worth it!!.