Ramen. The Best Seafood Ramen Recipes on Yummly Korean Seafood Ramen, Easy Homemade Ramen, Beef Ramen. Welcome to /r/ramen: Your source for Authentic Japanese Ramen and Instant Noodles alike!
You may remember me from such bowls as "First Dish I Learned to Cook On My Own Despite its popularity among the cash-strapped and the sodium-starved, the world or ramen extends. Ramen restaurants, or ramen-ya, can be found in virtually every corner of the country and produce countless regional variations of this common noodle dish. Nearly every region in Japan has its own variation of ramen, from the tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen of Kyushu to the miso ramen of Hokkaido. You can have Ramen using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ramen
- You need 6 cups of broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of ginger (about 3-inch), diced.
- It’s 0.5 ounces of dehydrated mushrooms (eg. shiitake).
- It’s of olive oil (eg. sesame, grape seed or olive).
- It’s 8 ounces of noodles.
- Prepare of toppings (eg. boiled eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tofu, carrots…).
- In a large pot, add 2 tbsp of oil, garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes..
- Add 1 cup of the vegetable broth and scrape up any bits that stuck to the bottom. Add remaining 5 cups of the broth, soy sauce, and dehydrated mushrooms, stir..
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for at least 30min. The longer it cooks, the more the flavor will deepen and develop. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed..
- Prepare any desired toppings (eg. eggs, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, tofu…)..
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions. Once ready, drain and set aside..
- Strain broth and reserve mushrooms for serving. Place the ramen noodles in serving bowls. Top with strained broth and the toppings..