Herb roasted chicken. This roast chicken is foolproof and fantastic. Plus, it's versatile enough for a weeknight dinner or weekend dinner party. Chicken thighs, slathered in herb vinaigrette, roasted on bed of sliced potatoes and shallots.
For me, a Perfect Herb Roasted Chicken is my idea of the absolute best comfort food! These juicy and tender Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts are a breeze to make and are a great substitute for store bought rotisserie chicken. This recipe uses spices you probably already have in your pantry, so you can rest easy that if you have chicken you have the ingredients you need to make this recipe. You can cook Herb roasted chicken using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herb roasted chicken
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare 3 lb of whole chicken.
- It’s 1 of lemon, quartered.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of parsley stems (from the parsley leaves for the herb rub).
- It’s of herb rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chopped sage leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of (optional) fresh chopped tarragon or other broad leaf spice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley leaves (reserve the parsley stems for the chicken).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper rub.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper.
Garlic and herbs roasting in and on the chicken make this roasted version so flavorful that you can eliminate the salt from the recipe if you'd like. The aroma from the oven while it's baking is tantalizing. Herb-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables: Before roasting chicken, in a large saucepan bring lightly salted water to boiling. It's also naturally gluten free and paleo!
Herb roasted chicken step by step
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper everywhere.
- Combine the garlic, thyme, sage, parsley leaves, any optional spices like tarragon, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix the herb blend using a chopstick or fork (easier to clean than a whisk) and rub it all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Squeeze each lemon quarter into the chicken.
- Put the parsley stems into the chicken along with the squeezed lemon quarters.
- Put the bay leaves in the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan, covering the bottom with foil to catch drips, and put in the oven.
- Roast for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. A thermometer will say 160°F in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.
I love (love, love!) simple, easy dinners. A simple roast chicken recipe, especially a herb roasted chicken, is all you need for a tasty Sunday supper or low carb meal prep for the week. Remove giblets from chicken cavity and rinse whole chicken. Pat dry with paper towels and place onto rack atop roasting pan, breast side up. Place onion, garlic, and herbs into cavity.