Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce.
You can cook Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce
- It’s 2 pounds of fresh asparagus, trimed and bottoms peeled if desired.
- It’s 8 ounces of fresh button mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil, I used hot chili infused olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
- You need 4 tablespoon of salted butter, cold cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of green onion, thin sliced.
Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and simmer 5 to 10 minutes depending on thickness and how tender you like your asparagus. Drain and place in serving dish.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and soften mushrooms and garlic, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Remove mushrooms and add to asparagus in serving plate.
- In the skillet mushrooms and garlic were cooked in add chicken broth and cream, cajun seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, bring to a boil and reduce until slighty thickened about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, then add butter, whisking each piece in before adding the next.
- Turn off heat heat when all of butter is added.
- Pour sauce over asparagus and mushrooms.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.