Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. Make a big batch of eggplant Parmesan in your slow cooker and dinner will be waiting when you get home. No need to heat up your kitchen baking in an oven. Eggplant Parmesan recipe for the slow cooker, made in layers with marinara sauce and cheese.
Mist inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Dip eggplant in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Spoon onto plates, sprinkle with basil and serve. You can cook Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
- It’s 2 of Medium to Large Eggplants.
- You need 5 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 cups of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Basil.
- You need 1 (29 oz) of jar of No/Low Sodium Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese.
How This Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Came About. One of my husband's favorite dishes is Eggplant Parmesan. Typically, I make it only four or five times a year, because…it's a process. One that I don't particularly enjoy.
Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Peel eggplant and slice as thin as possible. Rinse the slices of Eggplant in a colander, then let sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse again and pat dry..
- Put a slow cooker liner in your slow cooker. This will help the clean-up immensely. You will thank me later..
- Pour a cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker..
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Place a few of the slices of eggplant into the eggs. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and the seasonings together..
- Take the slices of eggplant in the egg mixture and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture. After you take the slices out of breadcrumbs, put on top of the sauce. Put about a third of the slices on the bottom of the slow cooker..
- Put a cup of tomato sauce on top of the eggplant and about a handful of the cheese. Repeat this process until you use up all of the eggplant and sauce, then top it off with the remaining cheese..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, then check to see how well it is cooked. Add another hour or two if it is not done to how you like it. For me, I did it for 7 hours total and it was the way I like it..
- Serve with pasta of your choice or on a hero/sub roll..
My traditional recipe requires either baking or frying the eggplant before. Place in the bottom of slow cooker. Be the first to rate & review! In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, pesto and milk. Perfect eggplant parm without the hassle of frying!