Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie.
You can have Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 lbs of ground meat of your choosing.
- You need 1 of Small Onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 4-8 of servings of Instant Mashed Potatoes.
Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Place the ground meat and onion into a pot over medium heat. Cook the two of them until they both have been browned. Usually about 10 minutes..
- Add the Peas & Carrots to the pot. Stir together, adding the pepper to the mix as well. Cook together for another 5 to 10 minutes..
- When the meat mixture is complete, place into a either a pie or cake pan, about 9 inches. Set to the side. Usually, you can use two pans..
- Prepare the mashed potatoes as directed on the box. When it is done, put the mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture. Spread evenly across the top..
- Turn the Broiler on in your oven. Put the two pans into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Check here to see if the topping is to your liking. Everything is basically cooked, so you are just browning the top of the mashed potatoes. I will usually add another 5 to 10 minutes.