Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant. Enjoy this Grilled Eggplant with some chunky pieces of my olive bread grilled and drizzled with a touch more extra. Perfectly grilled eggplant is ideal for summer cookouts and parties. Learn the simple trick for keeping your eggplant tender with this easy recipe.
So get ready: this recipe will be a mix of the traditional and the vegan-friendly present. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Generously brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil; sprinkle with pepper. You can have Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant
- Prepare 2-3 of medium eggplants, cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces.
- It’s to taste of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare to taste of White pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Fried onions.
Cooking Eggplant Indoors: Grill undrained slices over medium heat on a gridded skillet or stove-top grill, until deep, golden brown on each side. Spread any seasonings left on the platter over each slice. This grilled eggplant burger or sandwich is one of those hits. I made it again for my parents today Grilling or broiling the eggplants fixes this, however, and the large diameter of a globe eggplant.
Grandma’s Grilled Eggplant instructions
- Heat a griddle pan/non-stick pan to very hot. Add cold oil to the hot pan to help it become even less sticky!.
- Place the eggplants on the pan and grill quickly, turning frequently until the eggplant is browned on the outside. They don’t take very long to cook. Don’t use too much oil, remember we are just grilling them..
- Arrange on a plate and top with a drizzle of oyster sauce, a sprinkle of white pepper and top with deep fried onions (this is a common South East Asian condiment, if unavailable use sliced spring/green onions)..
Grilled eggplant is one of life's simpler pleasures: creamy and rich. Look for medium-size, purple eggplants with firm skins and no mushy spots. This end-of-summer treat will be even tastier if you. Grilled eggplant slices are rolled around goat cheese and roasted red peppers for a colorful summertime appetizer. This Eggplant Dip (Baba Ganoush) recipe with grilled eggplant is smooth & creamy with a delicious smoky flavor.