Stuffed Shells with Spinach. In this easy spinach and ricotta stuffed shells recipe, three cheeses combine with quick sauteed spinach and jumbo pasta shells for a hearty and comforting, crowd-pleasing vegetarian dinner. Growing up, I was one of those bizarre children who actually liked eating vegetables. Easy stuffed shells recipe with spinach and three kinds of cheese!
Hearty Stuffed Shells made with a trio of flavorful cheeses, tender spinach, fresh herbs, and homemade or store-bought marinara. Who could resist these jumbo pasta shells brimming with cheese and spinach and baked until perfectly melted and delicious? Stuff the shells with a cheese-spinach mixture, cover with spaghetti sauce and cheese, and bake until bubbly. You can cook Stuffed Shells with Spinach using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Shells with Spinach
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and squeezed dry.
- You need 12 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 28 of jumbo pasta shells.
- It’s 2 jars (24 oz) of each) marinara sauce.
- You need of Parsley, chopped.
This easy stuffed shells recipe with sausage, spinach, tomato, and ricotta cheese will make just about anyone reach in for more. Jump to the Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe or read on to see our tips for making them. The first time we made these, I left the table for a minute or two and came back to find. This is my own personal recipe.
Stuffed Shells with Spinach instructions
- In a large bowl, stir spinach, ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning..
- Divide and fill each shell with ricotta mixture..
- Add 3 cups of sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker..
- Place 14 stuffed shells in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spoon 2 cups marinara sauce over shells..
- Top with remaining stuffed shells and sauce..
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 until shells are cooked. Remove lid and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the shells. Wait 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley..
I'm very proud of it because I am still a beginner cook and it was the first recipe I created. You can adjust it to your liking by doubling the spinach or adding some meat. —Laci Hooten, McKinney, Texas. Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with ricotta cheese, mozzarella and spinach topped with a turkey meat sauce. Here's a great way to sneak spinach on your kids' plate! Jumbo pasta shells, stuffed with a mixture of Italian sausage, spinach, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, surrounded by tomatoes and baked until Pasta Skillet with Chicken Sausage, Cheese & Spinach.