Italian Sausage with Orecchiette.
You can cook Italian Sausage with Orecchiette using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage with Orecchiette
- You need 1 lb. of bulk Italian sausage (or removed from casing).
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 TBS. of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 lb. of Orecchiette pasta.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan or Locatelli cheese.
- It’s 5 of fresh basil leaves, torn.
- It’s 1 TBS. of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon zest.
Italian Sausage with Orecchiette instructions
- Sauté sausage and crushed garlic in olive oil on med-hi heat until browned, about 5-6 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, cook the pasta according to package directions..
- Add peas and carrots to the sausage and continue sautéing on med-hi heat for another 2-3 minutes..
- Once pasta is al dente, add the remaining ingredients to the sausage and serve..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.