3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint. Pour pureed soup mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining pea mixture. Pour half of pureed soup mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
But the one I'm most interested in is the pea soup known in Britain and Ireland – pea and mint soup to be precise. While many of the other varieties are warming and comforting throughout the cold winter months, this one is light, airy and brings with it the bewitching promise of summer yet to come. Altogether this is a delicious, light, yet satisfying soup with a beautiful bright and inviting green color. You can cook 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
- It’s 400 of Grm Frozen Peas (or 350 Grm Fresh Shelled).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Potato Peeled and Diced.
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove Smashed.
- Prepare 500 ml of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- You need 4 Tbs of Fresh Chopped Mint.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Lemon Or Better lime Juice.
- You need 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 150 Ml of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Spring Onions – Trim and Chopped.
This Chilled Sweet Pea and Mint Soup looks so pretty served in small glasses and would add a nice pop of spring color to a buffet for a Memorial's Day barbeque, a graduation party or other spring event. Here is a fabulous soup with an attractive pale-green colour and rich texture, made with green peas and onions, enhanced by a touch of mint. You can feel every spoonful of this soup bursting with the juiciness of green peas and vibrant flavour of mint. The Green Peas and Mint Soup is low in calories and high in fibre content, which makes it a boon to weight watchers and those aiming to control.
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint step by step
- Put the Stock into a large Pan and bring to Boil – Add the Potatoes and Galic for 15 mins until Very Soft..
- Add Peas and simmer for 5 mins, Add rest of items apart from Sour cream then allow to Cool. Transfer into a blender or Food Processor and Blitz until as Smooth as you like..
- Add Half the Sour Cream and season to Taste.
- Chill to be heated later or Serve Cold (you may need add a little more stock as it will thicken). Add the Remaining Sour Cream and Garnish with a mint leaf..
This is definitely a has potential recipe. I really liked the flavor of the pea soup before I put the mint pesto in it. I didn't dislike the mint pesto, however, when I added it to the soup the texture of the finely diced mint leaves wasn't my favorite. The soup was smooth before adding the pesto and after it was gritty. Mint and a fresh lemon and shallot vinaigrette turn a simple bag of peas into an elegant Minty Pea Salad.