Clam pasta with garlic & wine. This Pasta with Clams in White Wine Garlic Sauce is my own personal take on the Italian classic, Spaghetti alle Vongole, or "Spaghetti with Clams." The first time I had spaghetti alle vongole was my first trip to Italy with a girlfriend (before I met my Italian husband) and we enjoyed our seafood pasta along the Grand Canal in Venice with a. The sweet clams are steamed in a light broth of fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, and white wine and served with spaghetti or linguine pasta. The ingredients in this dish are few and simple as the clams give it most of its delicious flavor.
In a saute pan over medium heat, add crushed garlic and then add the garlic butter and wine. Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned. You can cook Clam pasta with garlic & wine using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Clam pasta with garlic & wine
- It’s of Garlic cloves & white onions diced.
- It’s of Parsley finely chopped.
- Prepare of Lemon zest.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of teaspoons Butter.
- It’s of Pasta.
- You need of White wine you drink to love.
Mix in the clams and juice. In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the sauteed clams, chopped parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs to serve. The recipe is courtesy of Syrie Wongkaew.
Clam pasta with garlic & wine step by step
- Prep all ingredients in advance.
- Heat pan to medium high, olive oil, garlic & onion to sweat it out while pasta is a couple of minutes from done.
- Place a couple or three handful of clams (proportionally according to your liking). Turn to high heat then pour in the wine while you take a sip:). Put on the cover and let it come to boil.
- In goes the butter, lemon zest, parsley.
- Either mix in the pasta or pour the clams & goodness over a bed of pasta.
- No salt needed.
What better dish to serve than a steaming plate of clams with pasta. These sweet clams are steamed in a light broth of fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic and white wine and served with spaghetti or linguine pasta. For best results use fresh clams if possible to really take advantage of their. Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with clam liquid. Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.